What is intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and how does it work?
Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) involves injecting a single sperm directly into an egg in order to fertilise it. The fertilised egg (embryo) is then transferred to the woman’s womb.
The major development of ICSI means that as long as some sperm can be obtained (even in very low numbers), fertilisation is possible.
ICSI is often recommended if:
- the male partner has a very low sperm count
- other problems with the sperm have been identified, such as poor morphology (abnormally shaped) and/or poor motility (poor swimmers)
- at previous attempts at in vitro fertilisation (IVF) there was either failure of fertilisation or an unexpectedly low fertilisation rate
- the male partner has had a vasectomy and sperm have been collected from the testicles or epididymis (sperm reservoir)
- other situations where the sperm count is zero and donor insemination is not wanted
- the male partner does not ejaculate any sperm but sperm have been collected from the testicles
- the male partner has had problems obtaining an erection and ejaculating. This includes men with spinal cord injuries, diabetes and other disorders.
How does ICSI work?
The procedure for ICSI is similar to that for IVF, but instead of fertilisation taking place in a dish, the embryologist selects sperm from the sample and a single sperm is injected directly into each egg.
Not only Dr Sarita is a proficient ivf doctor but she is warm, inviting and encouraging too. This is the factor that motivates patients to achieve their child dream despite different odds.
Being an infertility patient I believe result matter the most for any doctor and this is what Dr Sarita has done consistently.
The ivf doctor like Dr Sarita could only perform and extract miraculous result. While other infertility doctor gave me thumbs down, Dr Sarita treated us until I get pregnant.
If I am not treated by Dr Sarita, I could hardly think of becoming pregnant. It was her extraordinary effort that provide baby in my lap.
I am truly blessed that my infertility problem is satisfyingly treated by Dr Sarita. I am a blessed mother of a baby now which is only possible with her effort now.
As a patient, mostly we worried about the outcome of the treatment done by doctor. In this regard Dr Sarita is highly admirable as she truly works to get positive result and fulfils our baby dream.
Success or failure is of the treatment is largely depend on the quality of doctor. With sheer incense Dr Sarita turns things in patient’s favour.
Providing appropriate treatment is the primary objectives of Dr Sarita’s clinic. She is an expert infertility doctor who has an ability to explain our options as well as the statistical likelihood of success with various options.
Finding the right infertility doctor is a tough job. However Dr Sarita is the end-search of ivf doctor that provides miraculous result and take extreme care of patients.
I would like to “thank you” Dr. Sarita from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for all your care & concerns before and during the infertility treatment process & for the fantastic delivery of my healthy baby boy.